Monday, August 22, 2011

First Lesson With The Saw

 DJ  was excited to receive his first personal tool set. I purchased this set at Lowes, it is by the company Red Tools. The picture shows everything that was included in the kit, excluding the wood. I purchased some pine wood and had the worker at Lowes cut it down.


                                                         DJ sporting the tool belt.


Before presenting the lesson I used the ruler and made lines with a Sharpie so that DJ could use this as a guide while sawing. Drawing the line worked out great it gave him a focal point that he really needed.


                                                DJ sawing his first piece of wood.


                                                            Admiring his work!!


                                                                    Right back at it.


I saw these free wood samples at Home Depot and decided to pick them up, my first thought was maybe creating a sensorial work. I bet DJ could find something to do with these now.


To see other children learning inspired by the Montessori Method please visit One Hook Wonder  for Montessori Monday.                                                   

                                                              

4 comments:

  1. How great that DJ has his own tool set ... wonderful activity! And how great that you have two blogs now! I'll look forward to following your homeschool journey! Thanks for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this post on facebook. I love your blog! Glad to have something to share with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish DJ and Kal-El could hook up and play together...I think they might be soul mates :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Boys' Teacher- I feel the same way about these two boys everytime I read your postings:) Thank you for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Are Greatly Appreciated!!