Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Daily Report: Solids,Liquids And Gases

Today our reading time was interesting. DJ enjoyed reading Magic Tree House books again. Ken and I seemed to have picked the perfect book for us to read together.

DJ went straight to the Star Chart(92 elements on the periodic table) and finished gluing it together. So we got busy and color coded the chart by solids,liquids and gases. What I like most about doing this work was that they were becoming familiar with the periodic table in general. They also were able to conclude that Stars are made up of hydrogen and helium,connecting our readings to come to this conclusion.



 Matisse is becoming a common name around here. Using the puzzle that is avaliable in A Confession Of A Homeschoolers' Greatest Artist Vol 1, DJ copied "The Sadness of The King".

                                                                                 
They worked on learning the landmarks of the Southeast States.

 During their Montessori work period they worked with...

 Constellations three part cards from Montessori For Everyone

Long Division Board With Racks And Tubes
   Latitude and Longitude Command Cards with Hello Kitty:)
 Spelling using the moveable alphabet.
    Ken and DJ both have just one more chapter in their Life of Fred math books.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

4 comments:

  1. I did not know about her greatest artists CD, I'm going to have to check that out. I'm slowly adding in things to what we're doing at school. Slowly.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ticia, it is amazing! All you have to do is purchase a book for each artist to follow her lesson guide to the letter. It is perfect for me since I AM No Artist! It is a download, and it is free. This lady is such a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I continue to be amazed by your approach to homeschooling. You seem to have a plan, and be so organized, and yet you really seem to be able to relax and enjoy your days, and let your children lead their own learning. I don't always comment, but I love these reports!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa- Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoy reading the reports. It means a lot to me to hear this from you!! I love your blog, and learn so much everytime I visit.

    ReplyDelete

Your Comments Are Greatly Appreciated!!